Thursday, April 02, 2009

A week just flew by!!!

I just can't believe how fast this week FLEW!!!

A week ago today I was sitting listening to Stacey Jullian and now I feel like I just looked up and phew.... a week was gone! :) Hope you all had a FABULOUS week. So sorry that I didn't get chance to blog. I have been on a little bit of a whirlwind with the retailer event, going to Barrie to see the folks .... and host the Barrie Day Crop of course (lol) and then getting ready for Scrapfest and last night's Dollar Store Club Meeting... wowsers! No wonder I've been so tired! hehe

I don't feel too tired today -- perhaps its because the sun is shining and the temperature is soaring! Yippee!!! Dare I say spring is in the air?? I hope so! I can do without the white stuff for another.. oh lets say... 3 seasons! Bring on the spring!!

So much has happened and I want to fill you all in...

First of all -- I promised a couple of pics from the retailer event. In particular, I wanted to share pics of some wonderful projects that Daisy Bucket brought with them to the event. I love the texture of their paper -- kinda reminds me of wallpaper. Whatever the finish -- its purdy and nice to use. Check these out!!! All the products were made using their papers, stamps and chipboard mats. Love the large scallop that is showcased here. I SO see myself playing with these papers and creating my own versions of these!!

I also had a FABULOUS chat with Ellison's rep Julianna -- who is SUPER nice!!! I was excited to see the new Ellison line coming out. We did get some sneak peeks -- Picture this .. large sizzix dies, texture folders (embossing folders), acrylic stamps, pop up dies... OMG... so cute. These are making their way into the Canadian market and I really hope I can be a part of it. I am SURE you will see them in the Studio soon (and on the crop tool tables too.... :) ) I'll let you know when I get them here to play with!


I also got to put my hands on Making Memories SLICE. A very cool electronic die cutting system. Great for people who attend a lot of crops and are on the go... If you have any questions about this or want to compare systems.. don't hesitate to ask me or the gals on the Message Board. Between us we have used them all!!
I am glad that I went to the event -- thank you to the wholesaler for putting it on!


Saturday was the Barrie Crop!!

SOOOOOO happy to be back with my Barrie Gals. It's been an entire year... and I promise I won't make you wait that long again!! I'll let you know about a fall date as soon as I have one firmed up.

Thank you to Juanita and Diana from Scraps of Joy who came with items from their store for sale and Sheri and her friend Janet who were there representing In A Pinch Designs. It wouldn't be a crop without your support!

We had fun with the two classes -- my waxy composition book and Diana's single page layout class and we ate, chatted and cropped the day away. It was wonderful to see some of my favourite faces there and to meet so many new Go Scrappers!! ... groupies in training :) Thanks for such a great day!

The only down side was that I didn't take many pictures!! I am so bummed about that! I will post the 5 pictures that I took on the website in a minute and I will officially ask you ladies who took photos at the event to PLEASE forward them to me so I can post them with the others. Please email them to goscrapping@rogers.com. Thanks so much. I did get a couple of pics of 4 of the Message Board girls -- here are Joanne, TAG, Brit and Limmer :)
I will post about last night's Dollar Store Club meeting tomorrow... We had some FABULOUS mirrors created!! Until tomorrow......

No comments: