Wednesday, May 27, 2009

creation after creation!

I have been creating a storm at the studio!!!

For those of you who don't know, my dad was recently diagnosed with cancer. My mind has been in so many different places lately that my outlet has been my art.... sorry, not blogging :) I will try harder I promise ;)

Anyway, I have lots to show you.... and I hope you join us for one of our Canvas Workshops next month where I can show you how to create using lots of mediums, including beeswax. Trust me, its fun and therapeutic! hehe.

Here are two (out of three planned canvas) that I created with photos of my pup. Ain't he cute? hehe












Stephen next door at Bark Avenue LOVES these!! So I think I might break out the paints and the wax to do one of his dogs. He has four... this could get interesting as they all have their own unique personalities!! I'll let you know what I do -- I need to get a few pictures first.

and here is another hopeful one I created too... I got over my fear of painting faces - I am so proud of myself -Yippee! I must be getting paint brave or something!


I even got in a layout or two :) Here's one that I did this week. I just have to add the photos I'll take this weekend. It's all good!

I had a great weekend here at the studio!!

I had two different groups of gals here Friday and Saturday. Such fun!
One of the girls did something special for her 5 year old niece's birthday using our chipboard sheets that I thought I'd pass on! It is such a GREAT IDEA!!

She rescued a stack of used paper that was let over from various print jobs at the office that had little or nothing printed across the bottom of them (so they couldn't be used for anything other than scratch paper). Well... she brought them to the studio where she bound them together using the Bind It All and a couple of 8.5x11 sheets of chipboard that we sell here. This created a FABULOUS steno book for her sketch crazy niece!!! She went on to personalized the book with the cutest patten paper and it made a FABULOUS gift Waste not, want not! I so wish I had a photo to share but I hope I have given you an idea or two!! It's amazing what you can create with a little ingenuity! Hope she liked it!!!!!! I'm sure you're her favourite Auntie now!! :)

Thanks for a great weekend Gals!!! Always great creating with you here in the studio.
Blessings all!!!


3 comments:

Mindy said...

You never have to apologize for being a blog-slacker. Your loyal followers just need to know that you're okay and taking good care of yourself!

{hugs}

Sheri said...

Well said, Mindy.

Unknown said...

HUGS to both of you!!!! Thanks gals.