Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Peterborough Retreat Classes!!! Yippee!!

Today is the day! I promised my retreat guests (and avid blog readers) that I would post the classes for our upcoming Peterborough Retreat today by 4pm. Phew! I'm pretty close!! But.... as you will see, they are worth the wait! hehe

We will be having 4 classes available to take at this retreat. All retreat guests have the opportunity the take one class complimentary as part of their registration fee (up to a $20 value) Guests are more than welcome to take additional class - the additional fees for each class are posted here so you know in advance. All extra class fees are due upon arrival at the retreat (but I will talk more about that when I email my guests directly after I make this post)

All Classes are on a first come, first serve basis. You will need to bring a basic class kit with you (trimmer, wet and dry adhesive, scissors, ruler, pencil) and any other "class specific" materials mentioned in the class descriptions. There will be a store onsite (run by me) that will have all the materials required just in case you forget something or don't have it on hand. Any questions, please feel free to email me at any time!

So.... without further ado:

10:45 am - noon
Vintage Address Book and Note Pad

What a fabulous gift!!
Karen will be showing you how to create and cover your own mini book while creating something fun and functional. This is a Phone/Address Book and matching note pad created with Graphic 45 Papers, a little ink and some "crackled" embellishments.

As an extra class: $16
Please bring your basic class kit, Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Ranger (or comparable colour ink)






1:15 - 2:15pm
Our Layout Class Using papers from "My Little Shoebox"
Karen (yes, me) will be showing you how to create this fun little 3 dimensional layout using papers from one of My Little Shoebox's latest lines. This Layout can be adapted in many ways to hold new home pictures, your kids photos, even one for love birds! Each student will receive a full Alphabet Sticker Sheet for them to title the layout any way they choose. Get out the New "Rock Candy Distress Stickles" ... we will be introducing that in this class too.

As an extra class: $15

Students are to bring their basic class kit and Pop Dots/Foam Dots, Vintage Photo Distress Ink or equivalent)


2:30 - 3:45pm
Cards with Judy Beeksma (In A Pinch Designs)
Just look at these babies!!
Judy will be showing you how to create these 4 beautiful cards (using SEI's "Poppy" Line)

Each person is to bring their regular class kit plus: Pop Dots/Foam Dots, Teal Ink (Judy used ColorBox Chalk Ink - Prussian Blue)

As an extra Class: $16


4PM

Timeless Moments Canvas
I will be showing people in this class how to create a layout for your walls!!
This is a Canvas. I will be showing you how to use mask and inking techniques, stamps and rub-ons to create this work of art for your home.

Please bring 2 black and white photos (one 3x5, one 2x2), your basic tool kit. Vintage Photo and Walnut Distress Inks (as well as Fire Brick Red if you have it). I will be supplying the canvas, blending tools, masks and spritz "stuff" -- yep! This is going to be fun. I hope you like getting your fingers dirty! hehe

As your complimentary option: $5
As an extra class: $25

Gotta go now -- The ladies for the Dollar Store Club will be coming soon and I need to set up and email all my retreat guests!

NOT GOING TO THE RETREAT BUT WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THESE CLASSES??
If you are in the Peterborough Area, you are welcome to register for these classes and join us at the posted times at the retreat hotel. If you are near the studio... I will be offering my 3 classes in the studio as well. Just let me know what you'd like to take. Please contact me for more information.

No comments: