Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank yous all around!

It's Remembrance Day! I hope you took a moment to remember the men and women who so bravely defend the freedoms we enjoy everyday. Thank you to all our Veterans!!


I told you I would blog with some retreat photos today! Here they are!

You can find more in the Go Scrapping Photobucket Site (link at side) I hope you enjoy.

This was a very fun, very productive crop!! I did a layout tally when I returned and guess what??? THE AVERAGE number of pages completed was 27!! 27!!! Wow!! That's more than an album per person! The page count ranged from 6 -62. You ladies were there on a mission!! Hope you had a great time completing them!!

The theme for our London Retreat was "British Invasion" We had some people come with flags and shirts with various British slogans and team names. Who knew so many scrappers were soccer fans? *wink* Thanks for participating in the theme ladies.

We had 4 great classes offered on Saturday. A "distressing" album class, a full and enthusiastic group of ladies for a layout class, a fabulous Card Class offered by Sheri East of In A Pinch Designs and a Desk Calendar Class using some yummy Graphic 45 Papers and bound with the Zutter! Love that Calendar -- I think I'll make another one to give away at Christmas. Its a great vintage look!! Thanks for being such wonderful students!!

I was very happy to welcome Lori from the Memory Mill as a vendor at the retreat. Lori is from Dorchester and will be

starting an online retail site in addition to her studio space very soon. Look out for that. Congratulations on your business growth Lori!! And thanks for being there with us.

Lori and Judy and Sheri from In A Pinch Designs (who were also at the retreat selling their fabulous kits!!) offered some amazing make n takes too ... Thanks for adding so much to the retreat ladies! I really appreciate it!

All in all it was a great retreat and I am looking forward to seeing the ladies again soon! I know I will be seeing some ladies at the Nottawasaga Resort February 26-28 and others at the Stratford Retreat March 26-28. If you'd like information on those retreats, please let me know. The early bird rate is still in effect for both events.

I would like to end this by quoting Kelly -- she posted this on the Go Scrapping Messageboard:

"ah yes, you know it's a good weekend when there was more than one occasion that you laughed so hard you were crying and could barely breathe."
Have a great day everyone!! Dollar Store Club tonight so look for some pics tomorrow!!

No comments: