Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"Snow" Baby!!

Get out the Inks -- Its Time for the Dollar Store Club!









I showed the ladies how to create "Plaid" with Alcohol Inks and some Glossy paper tonight -- Plaid a la Tim :) ... yes, you saw this technique as part of one of the 12 Tags of Christmas.

The girls had a lot of fun choosing colours and experimenting with the inks -- It's addicting!!

We were a small group tonight -- unfortunately some things came up and some people were unable to join us... but those of us who were there had fun getting inky!!

Take a peek at what a couple of the girls did.....
Barb got "frosty" and Sheri .... well, she got warm AND actually stitched!! YAY Sher!!




I created this Snow Goddess.

I LOVED making this.... I poured melted UTEE into a Clay Mold, let it set and then dusted it with Pearl Perfect Pearls to make her face... Look closely -- I also "iced" the flowers with UTEE. I got this idea from Jennie who, after following a Video Tutorial by Sherry Cheever on Faux Porcelain Flowers, made a post on her blog. She submerged her paper flowers into Melted UTEE to create a "faux porcelain" look. Love it ... and got me thinking -- if you can do it with paper, why can't you do it with fabric? :) Ta Da! Very Cool!

The Goddess herself was inspired by some phenomenal seasonal dolls created by Linda. I knew I'd be creating with my own spin on this ... but this is how I am inspired: A little bit from here, a little bit from there.... That's why I love this little Blog World. You can learn so much!! Thanks for all the inspiration ladies!!

I got beading... there are strands of beads in the "skirt" along with various strands of ribbons and lace, ... and, of course, you gotta love the glass beads that frame her face. hehe.. To create her body I cut a piece of chipboard to fit and then embossed and painted it white. Not sure which part I loved doing more. Gotta make one for each season!


















Next Month we Meet February 3 -- It's Valentines Month so.... you guessed it -- the assignment is to create something with HEARTS! Do you wanna join us?? Contact the studio and I'll give you the deets! *wink*

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Love your snow goddess! The picture doesn't do it justice.