Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A little Heart....


Tonight we had the monthly meeting of the DollarStore club.
I love this group of girls.

We missed a couple of ladies this evening but there was lots of eye CANDY to be had - *wink* Candy, get it?? I was a Valentines month project after all. *smile* ...it brings a tear to my eye --Oh wait, that was Sheri! :)

This Heart Canvas is what I made for my project this month. Its base was inspired by a canvas Donna Downey created for her CHA Booth last month. In it she used tags to add texture to the canvas background. I was inspired. I got out my tags that I picked up in the business section of the dollar store and decorated them with reinforcements to create some added texture and then adhered them to my painted canvas (painted with Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Paints).

....and then I painted, and dripped paint and painted some more ... and then went and heated up the wax!! Yippee!!

I covered the entire surface of my canvas with beeswax and then fused it on with my heat gun (I covered it in two layers, fusing between layers) From there I started adding my embellishments: the words, the flourishes, etc and fused them to the canvas with the wax as well.

The next step involved another one of my favourite products: Perfect Pearls. I dusted the canvas with Smoke Blue, Pearl and a metallic Perfect Pearls .. I lurve the effect!

I took the handle from a pot I had collecting dust in the back room, shaped it with brute force (hehe... leave it to me) and then strung some beads on wire to add a little pizzazz.

I like how it turned out... Hope you enjoy :)

Thanks for a great night ladies!!
Can't wait to see what you do with something from the Kids aisle next month!!




5 comments:

Catherine said...

I love what you made! It's so gorgeous and I love the colours!!

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous! Love the whole divine piece.....especially the handle ;)
xoxo

Rosanne said...

I see some pretty sweet creations there!

KAT said...

Love this! I have all the "wax stuff" and I have only played with it a little bit - you've inspired me to give it a try again!

Tracey said...

I love your project Karen!! All of the projects look fabulous!!