Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A little Steampunk..


Well, I have been DYING to create something with some of Scrolls Work's Steampunk stamps ever since I got them into the studio!! Love this little Contraption.... and the saying that goes so nicely with it! :)

The rest of this card was Ranger all the way -- I used more of Tim Holtz' paper stack to create the backgrounds -- the 6x6 sized World Map paper in the stack was cut down and used as a background and then I used some of Claudine Hellmuth's Matte Medium to adhere some tickets that I cut out of another one of Tim's papers to the left side of the card and then some of Claudine's white acrylic paint was washed over the whole thing to tone it down and highlight the texture. yum yum yum.....

I stamped the "contraption" in Jet Black Archival Ink and coloured it in with Prisma Pencils. The Saying was then stamped with Russet Archival Ink. Yippee!!!

From there I snagged some postage sets from my Scrolls Work selection and stamped the Japanese Postage onto white cardstock and then inked them with distress inks and then attached them to the card with matte medium. Love how the Distress Inks react when you do that. I stamped directly on the card too... and then, before the inked dried, I brushed some Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls on them to give them a luminous quality... :)

Finally I took Claudine's acrylic paint again and painted some "clouds" on the card and then attached some of Tim's Ideaology Corners to it to add a little bit of desired metal effects. The whole things was then mounted on some matching background paper in Tim's Stack and then on a card form.

Hummmmmmmmmmm.... who should this go to?
So glad to have gotten my Steampunk fix!
For those of you who are asking yourselves - "what is steampunk?" Here you go!:
Directly from Wikipedia: Steampunk is a subgenre of fantasy and speculative
fiction that came into prominence in the 1980s and early 1990s. The term
denotes works set in an era or world where STEAM POWER is still widely
used—usually the 19th century, and often set in Victorian era England—but
with prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy, such as fictional technological inventions like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or real technological developments like the computer occurring at an earlier date. Other examples of steampunk contain alternate history-style presentations of "the path not taken" of such technology as dirigibles or analog computers; these frequently are presented in an idealized light, or a presumption of functionality. Also see Robert Sandberg's work.

1 comment:

Lynn Stevens said...

Well you know I Love Steampunk! Great piece here ,arent those fun stamps!
Thanks so much for entering my giveaway and best of luck
Lynn