Friday, January 13, 2012

Creating Fun Magnets & Using Resin too

Thank you everyone for dropping by and spending a fun evening with me on my USTREAM broadcast. Loved having you all there chatting and participating -- And I loved how these turned out BUT ... I think I might make some more and dome these babies with the resin because, there are a couple of imperfections that I'd like to correct with the resin. Once cured in another few hours, I will be able to do a second pour to fill in the edges that didn't get enough resin and dome over the Glossy Accents that we put on them before the resin (which you can't see anymore, btw) That will really make these extra special.

Here's how they are now.....

The Resin paper wasn't quite cured either but I was able to cut it out so you can see the effect. So precious. See, easy peasy to create and now I have instant resin petals or leaves -- maybe even some angel wings! You never know where they're turn up.

If you didn't get a chance to see last night's broadcast and would like to watch me create these... Here's you are! The first video is making the backgrounds and stamping the images and the second is mixing and pouring the resin. It was a 3 hour evening so feel free to have this on while creating in your own studio .. or watch in bits and pieces. :) As always, if you have any questions about what you've seen here -please contact me at the studio. Off to make more magnets!!!

BACKGROUND

RESIN GLAZE

No comments: