Saturday, January 28, 2012

Daddy Buttons

Many of you know that the anniversary of my father's death was this week. It's been one year and I miss him everyday. I have many of his old things and I like to incorporate them into what I do.

I also love to make things to wear on the show floor at CHA. Here's something that I put together that uses some old buttons from some of my father's uniforms. I love it!! ...and yes, another piece of him I can carry around with me. xoxo

I did crochet these flowers.... which reminds me. There will be a crochet class this Thursday Feb 2 at 6:30pm in the studio. I will be teaching people how to create crocheted flowers, stars and hearts with yarn OR baker's twine (student's choice) to add to your cards or layouts, etc. $15 includes supplies. Let me know if you'd like to come. .... but this necklace is MINE! :) ...just sayin!

Have a creative day everyone! Next stop for me (and my Daddy buttons)....CHA

4 comments:

Rosanne said...

It's beautiful Karen!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous, just like you !

I've been thinking about what I can do with some of my Mom's old buttons and fashion jewelry. I think they could become valued sentiments for the grandchildren too.

Unknown said...

So pretty!

Jeannie said...

What a gorgeous necklace. I absolutely love this idea and think it's wonderful as it's not just a necklace but a necklace filled with love.