Friday, July 26, 2013

Nesting Birds Canvas - Inspired by Anna Dabrowska

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted on my blog.  So sorry about that everyone!  I've been so busy in the studio - time is FLYING by!

We had a fantastic visit from Anna Dabrowska this month.   LOVE Anna...   If you ever have a chance to take a class with her, do yourself a favour and TAKE IT!   She's lovely and such a joy.   You'll learn so much!

I was able to purchase a kit from her.   Although I won't recreate the projects that she teaches cause -- well -- you have to attend those *wink*,  I wanted to do a broadcast tonight using some of the items from Prima and the LuminArte Silks and Primary Elements.  The canvas above is what I came up with inspired by Anna's style with some Karen touches.*smile*  I hope you like it.

The base is plaster, the birds are chipboard shapes cut out with my Big Shot using a Sizzix die and the the elements are from Anna's Sunrise Sunset collection from Prima.

 I hope you like and get inspired to take a class from Anna!!!!   find out more about Anna ...  visit her blog


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice - interesting!

Sue Fraser said...

Karen: Thanks so much for sharing; your project was very inspiring, can hardly wait to get my primary elements!