Saturday, March 29, 2014

Stacked Birds - Gelli Print Collage with Brother's ScanNCut Machine

Okay - so here it is - my birds ;)

This looks soooo cute framed and on my wall. I can't tell you how much I love it! I just wish I had a better pic for you.

The video shows me making the Gelli Prints and how I cut them up in strips and collaged them to my "bird pieces" .  The strips were attached lengthwise and in weaves with Xyron's 500 Sticker Maker and then later (not recorded) they were stitched (straight and free motion stitched) with my Brother NX450Q sewing machine.  Those who watched me live saw the sewing step but I did not record it.  I still think I might add some "feet" to the birds BUT I'll take the night to sleep on it!  
UPDATE...  I slept on it and HAD to add feet....  here is a quick pic of that *wink*


THANK YOU for joining me tonight -- Enjoy the recording!



Want to see how I created the bird mat with Brother's ScanNCut Machine and ScanNCut Canvas program?   CLICK here to go to that post (or scroll down one entry)

Going to ScrapFest in Kitchener? Don't forget that Erin Bassett will be representing Brother at my booth and demoing the ScanNCut - Come try it for yourself at the show or drop by the studio.  I have them there too and I know you'll love it!!!

Have a creative weekend!!!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Totally love this!!!!! Just might need to try it...
P

Unknown said...

Yes...you must ;) love to see if you do