Saturday, November 22, 2014

Happy to be back in the studio....

So happy...  I put a bird on it!  *wink*

Seriously -- there are some fabulous deals for the holidays from BROTHER coming up (more to follow on that) including some BIG deals on Sergers!!!! So, I thought that I would play with mine a bit today!

I searched the internet for some free bag patterns and found this one for a Fat Sack so I thought I'd give it a go. :)

This pattern doesn't officially require a Serger but I sewed up the sides (which includes the gusset) with it to ensure it's stability.  LOVE how it turned out.

The Bird and accent fabric is an outdoor heavy weight fabric I had in the back room -- you know, the stuff they use to make patio cushions, etc :)   PERFECT bag weight.

Next up for me ...  some paints!  YAY!   So happy to be back!!!

If you are interested in how a Serger Works...   drop by the studio Thursday from 5 - 6pm.  I will be showing someone how to thread and use the Brother 3034D at that time. The door is always open!  Love to share these machines!


Have a creative weekend!


1 comment:

Linda said...

I also love how it turned out!