Tuesday, February 24, 2015

CHA Designer, Educator and Creative Professionals Meeting

I had a lovely day yesterday at Bead FX with some fellow creatives from the CHA Canadian DECP group!!   This was the first meeting I have been able to attend (because it was on a Monday - YAY) and they all made me feel so welcome.   THANKS GIRLS!!

Not being a beader, I had never been to Bead FX before.   Let me just say -- I will certainly be back for a class or two!   Not only do they have a VERY LARGE, bright, organized bead and accessory showroom, they also have 3 working classrooms.  One for beading, one for metal forging and other metal work and another for lampwork!!  Yes, a fully functional and decked out fused glass area.   WOW.   So impressed.  If you like to make jewelry, be sure to drop by their Toronto location!!   Thanks for hosting us, Bead FX!

CHA meetings mean fun creative time too!   We were treated to 3 different mini classes presented by some of the group members.

Pam from Bead FX showed us how to macrame with wire to create these fun bracelets.   A quick yet beautiful project we did in about an hour...  I picture our cadets doing something like this on one of our overnights!  


Nancy Donaldson, whom some of you know after taking wire jewelry and encaustic painting classes at our Mixed Minded event a couple of years ago, showed us what she has been doing with Soutache.   STUNNING!   I can see these embellishments (that she is making into jewelry) ending up on an art quilt or two in my future!  (not to mention as a pendent or two around my neck - hehe)

And Elizabeth Glenday, presenting the Westcott Shredder Scissors, had us create some fun paper flower bouquets...  Very Cute..
Look for my version of the flower bouquet and these scissors at ScrapFest in Kitchener.   They're pretty cool! *wink wink*

Have a creative day!  Hope to see you in the studio soon!


No comments: