Friday, October 23, 2015

Little Flyers Pencil Roll - Too Cute!

My friend, Kelly Panacci, designs the sweetest fabrics for Riley Blake!

I recently got my hands on some of her Little Flyers designs and just wanted to play!!
I was thinking of a fun, fast project to create here in the studio for stocking stuffers when I came across some fabulous pencil roll patterns on Pinterest and I thought, "Wouldn't this be fun for a creative kid?"

If you search pencil rolls in Pinterest, lots of free patterns will pop up for you - LOVE it!   As you can see, I created this for pencils...   but I'm thinking I may just create another one with two sewn pockets, smaller depth,  made for crayons!  And since it would be for a younger kid, replace the ribbon with an elastic!   Hummm...  so many possibilities!

Little Flyers is available now from Riley Blake Designs and be sure check out her Happy Flappers fabric too!   SEW cute..., get it? *wink*   I have a project on the go with "the flappers".  I'll be sure to share when it's complete!


Have a creative day!!


1 comment:

Kelly Panacci said...

Hi Karen, Thanks so much for creating and posting this awesome project. I love what you made with Little Flyers! You're right - great idea for creative kids.