Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Loving these Enamels!



I picked up a fun bowl (from the Clearance Section of all places) on my trip to Buffalo last week.  Loved it but it was begging for some colour.   I brought some of Susan Lenart Kazmer's ICED ENAMELS to the studio this month and thought these would be PERFECT to embellish it!   Loving how this is turning out so far...   here's what I've done:

I Painted the white rosettes that rimmed the bowl with the Enamel Medium and a small brush.  Although I covered most of the flower buds with the medium, I purposely didn't worry about covering the whole thing - I didn't want to have a solid coat of enamel.  I wanted some some of the original white to show through. Note: I worked three rosettes at a time.

After the medium is applied, I poured the enamel powder (Raspberry) over the rosettes being sure to have a tray to catch the extra powder that didn't stick to the medium.

Then simply heat to melt the enamel with your heat gun

Once the enamel was set, I re-painted highlight sections of all the roses and sprinkled some Chartreuse Enamel on it..  the re-set with my heat gun

I did add some foil accents to them too -- I did this with by painting highlight areas with DUO adhesive and then pressing the foil sheets into the sticky to apply.   

I'm thinking I need some more enameling...   so let's consider this a work in progress.  *smile*
Have a creative day!!!

No comments: